From greeting and checking-in clients, to monitoring practice room temperatures and relaying the benefits of yoga to a student who has never practiced before, our Student Advisors play a key role in the successful operation of the studio. The Student Advisor reports to the Studio Manager and Assistant Manager. Position requirements include but are not limited to the following:
Create a Unique Client Experience
- Establish a first name relationships with every new and existing client.
- Develop a true connection with clients by understanding their yoga, fitness experience, injuries, special needs and what their goals are.
- Help clients develop a wellness plan that suits their needs.
- Tour potential clients through our studio and educated them on our unique offerings.
- Follow up with clients after classes on their experience to better understand their needs.
- Encourage each client along their journey and keep them informed on offerings that may fit their needs.
Become an Expert on All Things Y6: The Yoga Program, Studio Amenities & Membership
- Understand the differences between each class and know which class types are best for each client based on client needs and goals.
- Review class schedules on a weekly basis to understand when classes are offered and who is teaching.
- Research and clearly understand all supplemental programming Yoga Six offers (teacher training, workshops, special classes, wellness education, etc.)
- Develop relationships with teachers and take their classes to become personally familiar with their teaching style and expertise. Refer clients to teachers based on client needs and personality.
- Familiarize yourself with the retail offering.
- Become a membership expert. Know the various membership options, benefits, discounts, and special promotions.
Maintain a Safe, Clean & Inviting Environment
- Guide students to class times, types and teachers that fit their needs.
- Keep practice rooms, common areas, and locker room impeccably clean at all times.
- Manage the practice room heating and humidity systems.
- Select music that provides the appropriate energy for the studio based on time of day.
The ideal candidate has a High School diploma or GED, and 1+ years of customer service, retail or sales experience. He or she has an outgoing personality with a strong desire to provide great client service, as well as a passion for yoga, fitness, health, and wellness. Strong communication and organizational skills, and is willing to learn, grow, and take on feedback are a must. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Arrive at the studio and be ready to work at the designated time.
- Develop expert level understanding of the POS System (Mind Body Online) and input all information accurately.
- Identify sales opportunities and business trends.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the local competition.
- Proactively solve problems, share solutions and support other team members.
- Have basic knowledge of computer systems.
To apply for a Student Advisor role email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the instructions below regarding the subject line, resume file name, and body of your email.
- Email Subject = Job Title + Studio Location. For example, if you’d like to work as a Student Advisor in 4S Ranch studio put “Student Advisor – 4S Ranch” in the subject line of your email.
- Resume File Name = Job Title + Your Full Name. For example, if your name is Amy Smith and you want to be a Student Advisor your resume file name is “Student Advisor – Amy Smith.”
- Include your full name, telephone number, the hours your are available to work each day, and the answers to questions 4-8 in the BODY of your email.
- What is the one word your friends would use to describe you, and why?
- What company has given you the best customer service you have ever experienced, and why do you remember it?
- If you were given $1,000,000, what would you do with it?
- What is 72 times 53?
- Please take 30 minutes to complete this personality assessment. Include your 4 letter personality type in the body of your email.