Yoga Six is looking for dedicated teachers that want to grow and take their teaching to the next level, are open to being coached, and have the desire to join an amazing team that is changing lives. We are seeking outgoing, engaging team members who thrive in a community environment and are committed to our core values of truth, connection, quality, safety, passion, and growth.
Yoga Six studios offer traditionally inspired hot, set-sequence flows, vinyasa yoga, specialty yoga classes, and fitness classes – at a variety of levels. Team members enjoy wide range benefits in addition to their compensation including: extensive training, ongoing career development, a complimentary membership, discounted Yoga Teacher Training, access to specialty workshops, seasonal programs and much more! This is an independent contractor position that reports to the Studio Manager and works closely with the Lead Teacher.
In order to provide our students with the best class experience we only hire the best teachers. To find the best teachers, we ask for a strong commitment during the auditioning/hiring process. This ensures that all of our teachers meet the Yoga Six standards, and every student has a personalized, consistent, world class experience, from your very first class. If you are committed to supporting students in living an empowered life now, and are willing to grow as a teacher, we want to meet you!
Yoga Six Teacher Hiring Process
- Complete application process below
- Teachers who meet our initial standards will be contacted to schedule a preliminary audition
- Selected teachers are required to attend the New Teacher Training Immersion and Development Program
- Upon completion of the required training, qualified teachers are placed into the studio teacher pool. Please Note: Completion of this process does not guarantee a teaching position with Yoga Six
- Arrive to class 15 minutes prior to class start time
- Create a class experience that shows your personality and skills while adhering to the Yoga Six standards
- Create a personal connection with each student • Set up class room appropriately: Props, Mat Spacing, Music, Lighting
- Provide top notch class instruction that is consistent with the class format and Y6 teaching methodology
- Follow up with students after class
- Clean studio space
- Outgoing personality with a strong desire to provide great client service
- Genuine ability to connect with complete strangers on a personal level
- Demonstrate the ability to teach a safe, fun, and creative class with a genuine interest in student success
- Minimum 200 hour Yoga Alliance Certification / Group Fitness Certification
- 1+ years teaching experience and actively teaching
- Current Liability Insurance and CPR Certification
- Be willing and available to teach a minimum of 8 classes per week
- Commit to a minimum 6 month Independent Contractor Agreement
- Have a strong desire to grow and the ability to take on and integrate feedback
- To apply for a teaching position email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow the instructions below regarding the subject line, resume file name, and body of your email.
- Email Subject = Teacher + Location. For example, if you want to teach in the San Diego area put “Teacher Position – San Diego” in the subject line of your email.
- Resume File Name = Location + Your Full Name. For example, if your name is Amy Smith and you want to teach in San Diego your resume file name is “San Diego – Amy Smith.”
- Include your full name, telephone number, days and times you are available to teach, and the answers to questions 4-6 in the BODY of your email.
- What is the one word your friends would use to describe you, and why?
- What company has given you the best customer service you have ever experienced, and why do you remember it?
- What is 72 times 53?