Yoga Six is looking for a Studio Manager to oversee a North County San Diego studio. Our Studio Managers are in charge of the day-to-day operations of their individual Yoga Six location, including, but not limited to, everything listed below. You will manage both the studio’s teachers as well as a team of Client Advisors and report to the Director of Sales, Training & Operations.
Studio Financial Performance
- Consistently reach monthly revenue and sales goals.
- Manage the studio to the budget, including responsible spending and reporting.
- Continually analyze financial reports and create strategic responses to findings that support the business.
Studio Sales & Marketing
- Execute on the monthly marketing plan based on studio needs (new client acquisition, client activation, retention, loyalty, etc).
- Develop a strong presence in the surrounding community and consistently create strategic partnerships.
- Engage in 2-4 large community events per year
- Develop a strong culture and community within the studio that is inviting to new students.
- Work with Program Manager and Director of Programming & Product Development to optimize the schedule as needed.
- Partner with Program Manager to find the best teacher fit for each class and identify trends in attendance to optimize the schedule.
- Complete new hire paperwork, deposits and business reports accurately and on time.
- Strategically schedule the team members to ensure that both the studio and your team members are set up for success.
- Manage maintenance issues, inventory, cleaning.
- Adhere to Yoga Six Core Values of Truth, Connection and Growth and uphold the said values with all Team Members.
- Work collaboratively with all other Yoga Six studio managers
- Manage the studio by example, consistently performing all tasks at the highest level.
- Participate in studio, regional, and company-wide meetings/trainings as requested.
- Hire all team members consistent with job descriptions and Yoga Six core values.
- Train all new studio team members in accordance with the Yoga Six standard.
- Continually coach all team members and give them appropriate tools and resources.
- Perform team member performance evaluations.
- Terminate team members as performance or availability is not adequate with the guidance Director of Sales, Training & Operations
Ideal Candidate Qualities & Competencies
The ideal candidate is a dedicated team player with highly developed problem solving, communication and organizational skills. He or she is a self-starter with an outgoing personality.
- Undergraduate Degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to take 50,000-foot view as well as get into the day-to-day details of studio management being both strategically proactive and reactive.
- Outgoing personality with a strong desire to provide great client service.
- Background in health & fitness of at least two years
- Experience with handling memberships and sales within a health & fitness setting
- Yoga knowledge a plus
This is a full-time position with fantastic health benefits (dental and vision included), 401K, professional development reimbursement, free monthly auto-renew membership for yourself and one other person of your choosing, and a steep discount on our teacher training and retail offerings. We also offer a generous paid time-off accrual and roll-over program.
To apply for a Studio Manager role email email@example.com with a link to your LinkedIn profile, your resume, and your cover letter along with answers to the below application questions.
- What company has given you the best customer service you have ever experienced, and why do you remember it?
- Describe a time you received feedback that was hard to hear but created a learning experience for you.
- What is the most economical membership option Yoga Six offers for a student who comes to the studio 2 times per week?
- Why do you feel your background lends itself to being a stellar addition to the Yoga Six Management team?