- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Spice for Turkey Burger:
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp fennel
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion
- Seasoning for Sweet Potato Fries (equal parts to taste):
- chili powder
- black pepper
Begin with the sweet potato fries, as they will take the longest to cook.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut off the ends of potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in half long ways.
- Lay potatoes flat on cutting board and cut each half into three equal wedges (you should end up with 12 wedges total).
- Place wedges in a bowl and add 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp spice blend (or more to taste). Toss potatoes until evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake in oven at 350F for 30 minutes or until golden brown and soft throughout.
While the sweet potato fries are in the oven, begin the turkey burgers.
- Add turkey and spices in a bowl and combine throughout.
- Divide the meat into 4, 4oz patties, making sure the edges are rounded.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan.
- Allow pan to reach medium-high temperature; you’ll know it’s ready when the oil starts to slightly smoke.
- Place burgers in pan. Make sure to have burgers fall away from you to avoid oil splashing.
- Sear each side for 1 minute or until the burgers release on their own. Do not flatten as this will release juices.
- Place burgers on a clean baking pan and bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until internal termperature fo 165F. Use a thermometer to check temperature.
While the sweet potato fries and turkey burgers finish in the oven, begin the green beans.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp kosher salt.
- If not serving green beans immediately after cooking, prepare an ice water bath in a large bowl.
- After reaching boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add green beans to water and blanche for 3-5 minutes until tender (this is a personal preference on texture; if you prefer softer green beans, cook longer).
- Remove green beans from water using a strainer.
- For immediate serving, season with 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt and pepper.
- To enjoy later, place green beans in ice water bath to shock and halt cooking for 3-4 minutes or until all heat is removed, then season.
Serve and enjoy! In case of leftovers, portion in containers and enjoy over the next few days.