At Yoga Six we are changing the way people think about and experience yoga. With 12 studios across 6 markets, Yoga Six is one of the fastest growing boutique yoga and fitness studios offering over 300 classes a month at each location. Whether you are new to yoga, an experienced practitioner or athlete looking to diversify your current workout routine, our program helps you achieve results through its well-crafted, diverse program to meet the complete needs of your body, and to support continuous progression.
Yoga Six is a fully funded, privately owned group of yoga studios with aggressive growth plans. The company currently operates 12 studios in 6 markets: San Diego, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Milwaukee and Columbus. The Yoga Six corporate team is a small but highly productive group of individuals that thinks big and is dedicated to a singular goal: improving the well-being of others by bringing a modern, welcoming approach to yoga. Through yoga we help people become a better version of themselves, physically and mentally. Yoga Six. Strengthen Your Self.
- Do you consider yourself a leader?
- Are you an experienced yoga teacher looking for a full-time role?
- Do you desire to up your game by being part of a Professional Team?
- Are you 200hr Yoga Alliance Certified and been teaching for a minimum of 2 years?
- Do you enjoy having a flexible, rolling schedule that includes working some weekends, evenings and early mornings?
- Does being part of a community and building strong relationships excite you?
- Are you excited about receiving feedback to grow personally and professionally?
- Do you enjoy hiring, training and providing ongoing coaching?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy contributing to the community’s overall health and wellbeing?
If you said YES to ALL of the above questions, then keep on reading! Becoming a Program Manager with Yoga Six could be the best next step in your career.
About The Role:
Our Program Managers are based in-studio and oversee the programming inside the classroom of an individual Yoga Six location, including, but not limited to, everything listed below. You will report directly to the Director of Programming, while working closely with the Studio Manager(s) in the region. You will provide ongoing feedback to and manage a team of Teachers, partner closely with to support the Studio Manager(s) in the region.
This is a full-time, 40-hour work week, which sometimes demands going above and beyond for success. As a full-time Yoga Six Team Member, you will receive competitive health benefits (dental and vision included), 401K, professional development reimbursement, free monthly auto-renew membership for yourself and one other person of your choosing, discounts on retail, and tons of other great perks and benefits.
- Salary: commensurate with experience
- Quarterly bonus potential based on studio, regional, and company performance.
- No relocation offered.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
Classes and Scheduling:
- Teach a minimum of 5 classes per week
- First 30 Classes in a Calendar month are included in Salary
- Classes taught above and beyond 30 classes in a calendar month are paid at the standard managerial rate. Standard Session $40, Extended Session $50, Shortened Session $35
- Certified in 5 core class styles and teach at least 3 class styles and occasional workshops/specialty classes.
- Lead both in-house trainings for both teachers and students on a regular basis.
- Co-facilitate or lead at least two Yoga Teacher Trainings per market, per year.
- Support Studio Manager(s) in the development and maintenance of a consistent class schedule, which benefits the students and offers variety while maintaining Yoga Six attendance goals.
- Assess the schedule on a regular basis and alter based on student attendance and feedback.
- Maintain schedule and train Managers, Student Advisors, and Teachers on class types and how to properly recommend classes to students.
- Perform full-cycle recruiting for Teachers: recruiting, auditioning, hiring/onboarding, and ongoing professional development.
- Train all teachers on Yoga Six Core Values, Y6 Methodology and Philosophy, set sequences and specialty class structure to ensure teachers uphold Yoga Six’s standards.
- Take an average of 3 classes per week for auditions, observations and evaluation, coaching, and development.
- Complete and process feedback forms which reflect Y6 core values, Y6 non-negotiables and adherence to prescribed class structure within 48 hours.
- Meet with teachers and offer feedback on class assessments as well as performance and development solutions.
- Perform disciplinary action up to and including contract termination.
- Manage substitution requests.
- Engage in ongoing communication with teachers regarding current studio events, studio-wide changes and upcoming trainings.
- Schedule, maintain and staff a variety of workshops per year.
- Trained and able to perform as Client Advisor and “On Duty” Manager as needed or when Studio Manager is not present.
- Report any studio, class schedule, or teacher situations to Studio Manager and keep Studio Manager apprised of relevant programming issues.
- Process bi-monthly payroll for teachers.
- Yoga Six Ambassador for Community Events (Teacher, Contributor)
- Lead by example, consistently perform all tasks at the highest level
- Uplift all Team Members by giving them the tools to succeed
- Adhere to Yoga Six Core Values and uphold the Core Values with all Team Members
- Be able to step in as an authority figure in the studio as needed when the Studio Manager is not available
A few more details:
- Technical ability to support and coach teachers in order to ensure growth and refinement of technique
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required, Mind Body Online preferred
- Embrace change and adapt well to a fast-changing environment
- Desire to learn, grow, and be coached
- Willingness to travel to additional Yoga Six regions as needed to provide programming support
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to CAREERS@YOGASIX.COM