Summer Spring Rolls – the perfect Summer appetizer or afternoon snack!
Summer Spring Rolls
8 (8.5 inch round) Rice-paper Wrappers
1c. Mung Bean Sprouts, Pea Sprouts or Bibb Lettuce Leaves
16 Mint Leaves (from 1 bunch)
8 Basil Leaves (from 1 bunch)
8 Fresh Cilantro Sprigs
1 Medium Cucumber
1 Bell Pepper
1 Fresh Mango
*Optional additions: cooked shrimp or tofu, rice noodles or avocado
(Makes 8 Rolls)
- Prep all vegetables by cutting into very thin strips
- Wash and dry all herbs and place alongside veggies on a large cutting board
- Fill a big bowl with lukewarm water to soften the rice- wrappers
- Place one wrapper into the bowl at a time and submerge completely for about 10-15 seconds.
- Once soft, lightly shake off any excess water and place on your cutting board
- Begin to layer your ingredients starting with the sprouts/ lettuce and herbs, then place about 2 or 3 strips of veggies and 1 slice of mango.
- To roll, fold bottom half of the wrapper over the filling, holding firmly, fold both the sides toward middle & continue to roll the entire wrapper tight until closed
- Slice rolls in half on a diagonal and serve with thai dipping sauce
Thai Dipping Sauce for Summer Spring Rolls
1⁄4 cup creamy almond or peanut butter
2 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tsp. gluten free tamari or soy sauce
1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. rice vinegar
*Optional: grated ginger, Sriracha hot sauce, sesame oil, crushed peanuts
Add all of the ingredients above to a blender and mix well. Serve alongside spring rolls.
Other Blog Stories
18 Mar 2019
Spring has finally arrived, and with it, spring cleaning. But instead of diving straight into the grime-scraping and dust-mining of the season, why not think about your ...
5 Mar 2019
Exercise fads, as we all know, tend to come and go, and it takes a while to evaluate their ultimate effectiveness — or lack thereof. But one simple regimen has proven ...
27 Dec 2018
Look, everyone knows exercise and movement is important. So is eating your vegetables. But in case you need one more reason to get your heart pumping and muscles working...