Summer Spring Rolls – the perfect Summer appetizer or afternoon snack!
Summer Spring Rolls
8 (8.5 inch round) Rice-paper Wrappers
1c. Mung Bean Sprouts, Pea Sprouts or Bibb Lettuce Leaves
16 Mint Leaves (from 1 bunch)
8 Basil Leaves (from 1 bunch)
8 Fresh Cilantro Sprigs
1 Medium Cucumber
1 Bell Pepper
1 Fresh Mango
*Optional additions: cooked shrimp or tofu, rice noodles or avocado
(Makes 8 Rolls)
- Prep all vegetables by cutting into very thin strips
- Wash and dry all herbs and place alongside veggies on a large cutting board
- Fill a big bowl with lukewarm water to soften the rice- wrappers
- Place one wrapper into the bowl at a time and submerge completely for about 10-15 seconds.
- Once soft, lightly shake off any excess water and place on your cutting board
- Begin to layer your ingredients starting with the sprouts/ lettuce and herbs, then place about 2 or 3 strips of veggies and 1 slice of mango.
- To roll, fold bottom half of the wrapper over the filling, holding firmly, fold both the sides toward middle & continue to roll the entire wrapper tight until closed
- Slice rolls in half on a diagonal and serve with thai dipping sauce
Thai Dipping Sauce for Summer Spring Rolls
1⁄4 cup creamy almond or peanut butter
2 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tsp. gluten free tamari or soy sauce
1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. rice vinegar
*Optional: grated ginger, Sriracha hot sauce, sesame oil, crushed peanuts
Add all of the ingredients above to a blender and mix well. Serve alongside spring rolls.
Other Blog Stories
7 Dec 2018
There’s a lot we don’t know about yoga’s history and origins. We know it started in India thousands of years ago, and sages passed down its teachings and wisdom fo...
7 Dec 2018
Sometimes, we wonder why everyone isn’t doing yoga yet. Shouldn’t everyone get to experience this life-changing practice? Some might say “yoga isn’t for everyone...
2 Nov 2018
Can couple’s yoga make a difference in your relationship? Experts say yes, not only does attending a yoga class together enhance your relationship but couple’s yoga ...